Welcome to the Apocalypse
Successfully navigate through PANDEMIC (our 5K course and all 13 obstacles) while avoiding zombies, who will attempt to steal your life lines. Crossing the finish line with at least 1 of your 3 life lines intact is all that stands between you and future greatness.
A 20-square-foot area before and after every obstacle and the two HYDRATION stations will be considered safe zones. Zombies cannot attack in these areas or on any obstacles.
Chaser Zombies will start their chase 5 minutes after the last runner of each outbreak departs the quarantine zone.
Roamer Zombies are located throughout the course alone or in hordes. Though usually slower and dumber than Chaser Zombies, their sheer numbers need to be considered when planning your strategy for survival.
(DAY OF THE RUN)
- We recommend you arrive at least two hours before your Outbreak time to allow time for parking, onsite registration, and race packet pickup as well as locating the starting line.
- Bring an official form of identification (license, passport, photo ID, etc.) or a parent/guardian if you are a minor. We will not be able to let you into the event otherwise.
- You will be given three lifelines at registration. Prior to the start of your assigned “Outbreak” your lifelines must be worn on the outside of your clothes and they must remain visible to course officials while you are on the course. If during your outbreak the zombie horde claims all of your lifelines, fear not, all hope is not lost.
- Loss of all lifelines DOES NOT instantly transform you into the Walking (running) Dead – Failure to cross the finish line with one lifeline still intact will be the death of you.
- Try to arrive early and stay late! And most importantly – HAVE FUN!